FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT
SERVICE OF CHORAL EUCHARIST
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2022
Join us live for YouTube worship @ 9:50 am (Click here!)
Welcome to this service of Choral Eucharist on The First Sunday of Advent. Advent is a season of expectation and preparation, as the Church prepares to celebrate the coming of Christ in his incarnation- as we wait and watch we put a hold on the business and meetings of the church, so that we can focus on preparing our hearts for meeting Jesus once again. May you find time to slow down this Christmas season, say "no" to the things that distract you from Jesus, and say "yes" to the gift that God wants you to experience.
- On December 1st, we begin reading “Emmanuel: An Invitation to Prepare Him Room at Christmas and Always”. We’ll be meeting for a brief discussion and a time of prayer Tuesday evenings online (December 6, 13 & 20) at 7 pm. Be sure to sign up in the Narthex for your zoom link and book.
- We will be offering a quiet Advent Meditation and Healing Service on Saturday, December 17th at 3 pm for those who find the Christmas Season a little difficult. All are welcome.
- Please also mark your calendars for our annual Lessons & Carols service which will take place on Advent 4: Sunday December 18th at 10 am.
- As we continue the celebrations, tickets are on sale for the gorgeous Christmas basket that was showcased during the Christmas Bazaar. Purchase your tickets today after church: $2.00 each or $10.00 for six! The draw will take place on December 18th in Walker Hall during fellowship hour after the 10am Lessons & Carols Service. Please see Xavier for more information.
- This Sunday, the first Sunday of Advent, our Advent Giving Tree returns after an absence of 3 years. The focus of the gift selection tags will be gift cards that will help our community purchase food and on warm winter items for the homeless. We hope you’ll discover the good feelings that come from giving instead of receiving with this Advent Calendar!
- We invite you to participate in the Reverse Advent Calendar Food Drive for our community. Pick up your copy in the Narthex this Sunday! All items will be given to the Food bank after Christmas to help meet needs of at-risk individuals and families this winter.
Blessings for a holy Advent,