The Liturgy of the Word at
"Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful; and kindle in us the fire of your love!"
• Acts 2:1-21 • Psalm 104:24-34, 35b • 1 Corinthians 12:3b-13 • John 20:19-23
Readings for Pentecost (click here!)
- Officiant & Preacher: The Reverend Andrea Christensen
- Deacon: The Rev. Dr. Kathy Buligan
- Readers: Pastor Elaine Vanderwerf and Paul George
- Intercessors: Soniya Thomas & Paul George
- Opening Music: “Breathe On Me Breath Of God” (written by Edwin Hatch, Tune: Trentham) played by The Cheong Family, sung by Kara Prost & Angela Gibbon
- Reflective Music: “Change My Heart”, written by Eddie Espinosa (CCLI Song #1565) played by The Cheong Family and sung by Angela Gibbon
- Closing Music: “The Blessing”, Words and Music by Chris Brown, Cody Carnes, Kari Jobe and Steven Furtick, played by The Cheong Family, sung by Kara Prost & Angela Gibbon
- Happy Birthday Church! Today we celebrate the Birthday of the Church at Pentecost! Those of you who are joining us for coffee hour will see a slide show of the photographs and videos you sent in this past week. You will also have opportunity to see the children who created and placed tongues of fire on their heads while wishing the Church a Happy Birthday! We’ll be meeting at 11:30 AM to enjoy cake and this video presentation!
- Special Vestry: As you’ve no doubt heard by now, our church roof needs re-shingling. In order to proceed, a Special Vestry meeting is required by the Diocese to obtain parish approval and acceptance of the plan being recommended by the Property Committee. Please plan to join us for a special vestry on Thursday, June 4th at 2 PM on Zoom. This meeting will be accessible to anyone with a PC, laptop, iPad, tablet, or phone. If you do not have internet access, please phone the office, and Danielle will set you up with a phone number in order to call into the zoom meeting. If you plan to attend, simply email or call the office and register your name. A zoom link will be sent to you this week.
- Service Stats: We are happy to report that we are now able to see the number of people who are joining us for Sunday worship! Last week 43 people (families) attended the Praise & Worship gathering, and 93 people (families) attended our Sunday Service- nicely done! Multiply this by 1.6 and we have our Sunday attendance.
- Plant Sale: The plant sale committee would like to thank each and every volunteer and customer for your contribution to the success of our Spring Plant Sale. Your cooperation and support were absolutely amazing and very much appreciated!
- We walk in prayer with our God: As we continue to hear news of the recent events in the United States, and are forced to contend with the dark nature of racism, Paul reminds us that: “There is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him” (Romans 10:12). Pray for our brothers and sisters who are living in the midst of this fight and struggle. Pray for the families of those involved. May the Spirit intervene on behalf of those who cry out, to give them justice and peace. We give thanks that our Bishops are working on Intercultural Ministry to bring anti-racism and anti-bias training to the Diocese of Toronto.
May you continue to walk with the Spirit,