THIRD SUNDAY OF LENT
SUNDAY, MARCH 12, 2023
IN-PERSON AND ONLINE SERVICE OF CHORAL EUCHARIST
ALERT! Due to technical difficulties with Bell Canada, there may be no live feed Sunday, March 12th. Please do try the link at the appropriate time, but note that it may not work if there is no internet.
Join us for live worship on YouTube at 9:55 am (Click here!)
- We continue our Lenten program with the Village Church Lent Guide this week. This week we are fasting from caffeine and sweets- a hard one for some of us. It will be a test of compassion and discipline for sure. Join Susan Thomas and I for coffee after church to talk about what you are struggling with, or what you are discovering about God and about yourself during these weekly fasts!
- As we prepare for Palm Sunday in a few weeks, the Altar Guild will once again be hosting a Palm Cross Folding Party for the Palm Sunday Service. Anyone who would like to help out is welcome! They’ll be meeting Tuesday, March 28th at 10:00 AM in Walker Hall. Bring a towel, it’s wet work! Light refreshments and instructions on folding the palms will be provided.
- Be sure to change your clocks this coming Saturday night so that you arrive on time for church on Sunday! Spring forward!
- Archbishop Fred Hiltz will be Preaching and Presiding next Sunday, March 19th at both the 8 AM and 10 AM services. Be sure to attend in person as the 10 AM service will not be broadcasted live.
- March Break Office Hours: Jie will be in the office on Monday (13th), Tuesday (14th) and Thursday (16th) between 9 AM - 11:30 AM this week.
- Rev. Andrea will be on her winter week of vacation and study between March 13th and 25th. Rev. Kathy will be on duty for all pastoral emergencies.
- Any E-blast submissions may be sent directly to Pastor Elaine at email@example.com for the March 16th and 23rd E-blasts.
- Happily, it seems there may be less and less risk of contracting the Covid virus as we come out of winter and move toward spring. It is our great hope that on Easter Sunday we will be able to take off our masks (only if you are comfortable doing so) and sing, pray and take communion without the constraints of a protective mask. Please speak to Rev. Andrea or the Wardens if you have any questions or concerns.
Blessings on the journey,