Fifth Sunday of Pentecost
Blessed is our Father, Lord of heaven and earth, who has revealed these things to the simple.
• Genesis 24:34-38, 42-49, 58-67 • Psalm 45:11-17 • Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30
- Officiant: The Rev. Dr. Kathy Buligan
- Preacher: Pastor Elaine Vanderwerf
- Intercessor & Reader: The Rev. Andrea Christensen
- Reflective Music: “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” (CP 354) Tune: NETTLETON. Author: Robert Robinson, played by the Cheong Family & sung by Angela Gibbon.
- Closing Music: “Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee” (CP 425) Tune: HYMN TO JOY. Author: Henry Van Dyke, Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven, played by The Cheong Family
- “What does “Passing the Virtual Plate” mean? Our congregation has been so faithful in their gift giving during this strange and unprecedented time. This tells our leadership team that you believe we can do incredible ministry together as a church family. It also tells us that we are in keeping with our purpose and vision, which is to “be a loving, caring community worshipping Almighty God, sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ and reaching out to others in the power of the Holy Spirit.” Online services are a new adventure for the church. In a very short period, parishes across the diocese have adapted to our quarantined reality with worship on Sunday, bible studies, virtual coffee hours and other social encounters. We are now invited to adopt an attitude of thankfulness in our online worship. Many of you give regularly once per week or once per month, with PAR or envelope. Thank you for your generosity. That said, there are many people joining us who may be missing out on the opportunity to fully understand Christian discipleship, and what it means to serve our God in the midst of trying times. We are now able to reach those who are permanently housebound as well as those are seeking to understand the Anglican tradition. It is our hope, that like other parishes in the area, we will move forward in adopting tasteful strategies for requesting gifts of treasure during the service. Today, you will notice that we’ve included an invitation to give back to God with grateful hearts within the liturgy. Our God has done so much for us. Let’s use this opportunity to praise God from whom all blessings flow!
- Raise the Roof Update: To date, we’ve raised a total of $10,600! Our special thanks to the St. Timothy’s Belles who gave a cheque for $1000 this past week, and to the additional 22 people who gave gifts at the “Driven by Prayer” drive through! Please know that gifts of any amount are gratefully received and appreciated. You can donate through the church website, and fill in the memo so we know where you want your gift directed- or by sending your cheque to the church. Please be sure to label it as a gift for the “Raise the Roof” Campaign. Please note that the Raise the Roof Campaign will come to an end on Monday, July 20th- be sure to have your gifts and contributions in before the deadline. Thank you!
For all pastoral emergencies this week, please contact The Rev. Dr. Kathy Buligan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office for assistance. God bless!
Peace & joy,