Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost
Exodus 3:1-15 • Psalm 105:1-6, 23-26, 45c • Matthew 16:21-28
Pent 13 Readings
- Officiant & Preacher: The Reverend Andrea Christensen
- Reader & Intercessor: Octavia Leacock
- Mind-Hive Meeting: What was your experience of lockdown during Covid? Let’s discuss how we are going to care for each other as we come back to church. Our Mind-Hive Zoom meeting will be held this coming Tuesday, September 1 at 7 PM in the evening. Join us by video or phone for lively discussion and prayer as we get ready to press the “reset” button and come back to church! Please contact the office for your zoom link.
- Can Wednesday be a Holy Day too? We are all used to observing our Sabbath rest on Sundays, but there’s nothing magical about Sunday itself. Our God asks us to put aside one Holy Day, a day of rest during each week. And we build our Sabbath rest into the week according to our work schedule. This fall we are offering two different services of worship on two different days of the week, so that we can bring more of our church family into the building, and so that our volunteers can sanitize between services. Worship will be offered on both Wednesdays and Sundays at 10 AM (the 8 AM Sunday service is expected to resume in October, God willing.) It’s important to note that Wednesday is not just an “add on” or an “extra” service, but will become a Sabbath day of worship and rest for many.
- Sunday School will resume on Sunday, September 20th on Zoom at 11:15 am. Elaine will be hosting a class for children up to 10 years of age for both St. Timothy, Agincourt and St. Timothy’s North Toronto. She will continue to use our lectionary-based curriculum and will also incorporate song videos from summer camp.
- Church Sanitizing Volunteers: As we pray and prepare to re-open the doors of our beloved parish at St. Timothy’s, Agincourt this fall, we need to ensure that our church family is safe. To do this, the Health & Safety committee is seeking the assistance of a number of volunteers who are willing to offer their time and talent to the task of sanitizing our church. Taking part in this ministry is a great act of charity by those who are able to serve others in this way. Please contact Shauna Weekes by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (416)648-2597; to register as a volunteer. Thank you, Soniya (Health & Safety Committee)
God's peace & love,