Here's how we serve our local neighbourhood:
- Throughout the year we support the Agincourt Community Services Association (ACSA) foodbank. Food donation baskets are always available in the church narthex. As well, a special seasonal food barrel is set up for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and summer food donations.
- Each Advent season the Outreach Committee sets up an Advent Gift Tree. Parishioners select a tag specifying a gift or gift card for those in need in our community. Gifts are placed under the tree and are ready for distribution just before Christmas.
- Each year the Outreach Committee facilitates St. Timothy’s support for Out of the Cold, hosted each Friday throughout the at Knox United Church. St. Timothy’s prepares and hosts the Friday evening meal and the Saturday breakfast in December and March.
- To help address the need for food security in our community, St. Timothy’s offers a Wednesday Morning Breakfast Program and on Thursdays hosts the ACSA Hot Lunch Program.
- Outreach provides a $300.00 award to a student at Stephen Leacock C.I. who has made a difference in his/her school community and community-at-large through volunteer work.
- Each year Outreach has a walkathon to raise funds for the Wednesday Breakfast Program.
- St. Timothy’s continues to be a strong supporter of the Toronto Anglican Diocese Faithworks outreach initiative. (A list of these community based ministries is available on the Diocesan website.) Outreach is responsible for allocating the 15% of Faithworks donations that comes back to St. Timothy’s to support local ministries. We have thus been able to offer financial support to ACSA, women’s shelters, Native Child and Family Services and the East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club.